Title: afc007's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# afc007

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/afc007/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/afc007/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/afc007/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/afc007/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/afc007/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/afc007/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/afc007/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/afc007/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Image Collage] can’t capture short code for collage](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-capture-short-code-for-collage/)
 *  Thread Starter [afc007](https://wordpress.org/support/users/afc007/)
 * (@afc007)
 * [9 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-capture-short-code-for-collage/#post-9024303)
 * Was able to solve the problem by managing plugins per suggestion, thanks.
 * Quick follow up question: should Premium version be installed over the free version?
   Or should free be uninstalled first? In other words, best path to installing 
   Premium version?
 * Thanks
    Alexander
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Customize WordPress Emails and Alerts - Better Notifications for WP] Compatible with MailChimp/others?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/compatible-with-mailchimpothers/)
 *  Thread Starter [afc007](https://wordpress.org/support/users/afc007/)
 * (@afc007)
 * [9 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/compatible-with-mailchimpothers/#post-9024055)
 * Jack, thanks for getting back to me. I know we can a solution here somehow.
 * Here’s my goal:
    Automate (the sending of) email notifications to 237 email addresses
   every time a new post or comment occurs on williams68.org. I want to use MailChimp(
   MC) to send out the email messages. I have a MC account and have created a “campaign”(
   their term for mailing list). I need to know how to “feed” the information that
   BNFW captures to MC so that they can do the actual email sending.
 * If you can, please look at the BNFW form I’ve created here: [http://williams68.org/bnfw-screen-capture/](http://williams68.org/bnfw-screen-capture/)
 * The area in the red box is where I believe outbound email addresses are entered.
   
   What should I enter there to get MC to send out my notifications? I can get gmail
   to send out notifications to my list created with BNFW, but not seemingly with
   MC.
 * I have asked MC about this problem. They have no easy answers were able to provide
   the information below. I’m not enough of a programmer to take this forward but
   perhaps there is something useful there for you.
 * Again, many thanks,
    Alexander
 * <mc_support>
    You’ll find all our API at: [http://developer.mailchimp.com/documentation/mailchimp/](http://developer.mailchimp.com/documentation/mailchimp/)
   <[http://developer.mailchimp.com/documentation/mailchimp/&gt](http://developer.mailchimp.com/documentation/mailchimp/&gt);
 * I’m also going to include a few articles that can provide more steps on the integration
   process.
 *  About API Keys: [http://eepurl.com/b9a05b](http://eepurl.com/b9a05b) <[http://eepurl.com/b9a05b&gt](http://eepurl.com/b9a05b&gt);
 *  View Integration Options: [http://eepurl.com/ciWT9v](http://eepurl.com/ciWT9v)
   <[http://eepurl.com/ciWT9v&gt](http://eepurl.com/ciWT9v&gt);
 *  Getting Started with Integrations: [http://eepurl.com/bCsh6f](http://eepurl.com/bCsh6f)
   <[http://eepurl.com/bCsh6f&gt](http://eepurl.com/bCsh6f&gt);
 *  You can reach out to [apihelp@mailchimp.com](https://wordpress.org/support/users/afc007/replies/apihelp@mailchimp.com?output_format=md)
   <mailto:apihelp@mailchimp.com> too for API heavy questions.
    </mc_support>
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Customize WordPress Emails and Alerts - Better Notifications for WP] Compatible with MailChimp/others?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/compatible-with-mailchimpothers/)
 *  Thread Starter [afc007](https://wordpress.org/support/users/afc007/)
 * (@afc007)
 * [9 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/compatible-with-mailchimpothers/#post-8993663)
 * Jack, thanks again for the helpful advice. I’ve been able to get BNFW to send
   email notifications from my gmail account, have created a notification form based
   on Posts which now works, but haven’t been able to mesh outbound notification
   alerts with my MailChimp “campaign.” To make that work, I need to enter a value
   in the notification form template for Send To: that MC understands. I can easily
   create an outbound list by adding users through WP; the challenge is to use the
   subscriber list that MC have generated.
 * All info about enhancing outbound email, spam avoidance very helpful and I am
   actively reserarching that and other suggestions that wpengine (hosting) have
   made. I am sure I will ultimately be able to get good connectivity but I remain
   curious about how to get MailChimp to play nicely with BNFW. Are you aware of
   any successful integrations?
 * Many thanks, once again,
 * Alexander
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Customize WordPress Emails and Alerts - Better Notifications for WP] Compatible with MailChimp/others?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/compatible-with-mailchimpothers/)
 *  Thread Starter [afc007](https://wordpress.org/support/users/afc007/)
 * (@afc007)
 * [9 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/compatible-with-mailchimpothers/#post-8972110)
 * Thanks for the encouragement, Jack. I have since created a MailChimp account (
   tested/works) but can’t get it to work with BNFW. My hosting service, wpengine,
   does not manage email and their tech support have been unable to suggest a solution,
   other than to edit spf records, and use mail gun or sendgrid (not familiar with
   any of those).
 * On the notification form that I created, I supplied as the From address my mailchimp
   user name and address, for Send To , I created a user from within WP with my 
   private email address (one address only). I gleefully clicked Send Me a Test 
   Email and got the response “Test notification sent”. But no msg arrived. The 
   wp-engine support staff could find no outbound msg to the specified address.
 * Not knowing where else to turn, I installed the MailChimp for WordPress plugin,
   which required me to retrieve and provide an API auth number from MailChimp. 
   Did that.
 * Can you see any way forward here? I very much want to use BNFW because it will
   accomplish exactly what I need.
 * One final note: in creating the sample notification, the pulldown menu offered
   very few options (far fewer than the video shows). Absent was Posts (alert when
   new post is added). Do I need to purchase an addon to get that to work?
 * Thanks again for any guidance/support you can provide.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)