Title: aamorrison's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# aamorrison

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP Popular Posts] [Plugin: WordPress Popular Posts] Some (but not all) thumbnails showing](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-popular-posts-some-but-not-all-thumbnails-showing/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [16 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-popular-posts-some-but-not-all-thumbnails-showing/#post-1594057)
 * Thanks for the screenshot Ikki24, I realised I was looking in the functions folder
   instead of at the functions file, all I had to do was scroll down a bit (!). 
   Anyway, I’ve added the code and I’ve written a new post and I do have a “Featured
   Image” button. Thanks.
 * I do still have a problem with my old posts though, I’m using Popular Posts in
   a widget in my right hand side bar (automatically generated). Most of my posts
   do have images, but some are showing up as a grey box saying No Thumbnail. Do
   I have to go back through every post and select the image as a featured image
   do get the thumbnail to show? Why do some of them work but not all?
 * Thanks again for your help.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP Popular Posts] [Plugin: WordPress Popular Posts] Some (but not all) thumbnails showing](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-popular-posts-some-but-not-all-thumbnails-showing/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [16 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-popular-posts-some-but-not-all-thumbnails-showing/#post-1593793)
 * I tried changing the functions folder to 777 but I couldn’t save to the functions.
   php file on the dashboard, so I put it back to 755. I’m obviously missing something
   very basic here!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP Popular Posts] [Plugin: WordPress Popular Posts] Some (but not all) thumbnails showing](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-popular-posts-some-but-not-all-thumbnails-showing/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [16 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-popular-posts-some-but-not-all-thumbnails-showing/#post-1593787)
 * A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, it didn’t work, because of my stupidity!
 * I could download wpcontent/themes/atahualpa/functions but I couldn’t find a functions.
   php file in the functions folder (does that make sense?) I tried adding the code
   to a file called bfa.themeoptions but that was clearly wrong as all it did was
   show the code on the top of the dashboard page so I’ve reverted back to the original
   bfa.themeoptions file.
 * I know my inability to find the functions.php file isn’t your problem! I’ll sleep
   on it and try again tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP Popular Posts] [Plugin: WordPress Popular Posts] Some (but not all) thumbnails showing](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-popular-posts-some-but-not-all-thumbnails-showing/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [16 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-popular-posts-some-but-not-all-thumbnails-showing/#post-1593756)
 * Hi Ikki24,
 * Thanks for your help, sorry I haven’t been able to figure this out. I went to
   Apperance, then Editor, Theme Functions, functions.php
 * But, I can’t write to this file, it is a 755. I tried to change the permissions
   via Filezilla but I don’t know what I’m doing and I don’t want to mess it up.
   I’m using the atahualpa theme, version 3.5.3 if that helps any?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [AZ Index and WordPress 2.8](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/az-index-and-wordpress-28/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [17 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/az-index-and-wordpress-28/#post-1193703)
 * I upgraded to 2.8.4, got a white screen, updated my theme and everthring seems
   to be working fine, including the AZ plugin.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Plugin: WordPress Popular Posts] Background of some pictures black?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-popular-posts-background-of-some-pictures-black/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [17 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-popular-posts-background-of-some-pictures-black/#post-1205704)
 * [http://understandingcancer.co.uk/](http://understandingcancer.co.uk/)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [AZ Index and WordPress 2.8](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/az-index-and-wordpress-28/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [17 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/az-index-and-wordpress-28/#post-1193659)
 * Thanks 🙂 I’ve only needed my back up once, but I was very glad to have it!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Post archive doesn’t contain all posts.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post-archive-doesnt-contain-all-posts/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [17 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post-archive-doesnt-contain-all-posts/#post-1193658)
 * Thanks for looking henkholland. I didn’t see anything unusual in the html from
   the 15 June post. I usually write my posts directly in wordpress, after learning
   the hard way that Word and WordPress don’t mix too well. That’s not to say I 
   didn’t copy something that I shouldn’t have! I’ll go through those posts and 
   see what I can find. Thanks again.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [AZ Index and WordPress 2.8](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/az-index-and-wordpress-28/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [17 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/az-index-and-wordpress-28/#post-1193544)
 * That is good to know, thanks MichaelH. I just need to pluck up the courage and
   do the update…
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Post archive doesn’t contain all posts.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post-archive-doesnt-contain-all-posts/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [17 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post-archive-doesnt-contain-all-posts/#post-1193458)
 * The archive menu on the left hand side is fine. Its only if you start off by 
   clicking on “News” on the top menu bar and then click on “Next Page” that the
   posts didn’t display.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Post archive doesn’t contain all posts.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post-archive-doesnt-contain-all-posts/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [17 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post-archive-doesnt-contain-all-posts/#post-1193392)
 * Thanks apljdi!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Post archive doesn’t contain all posts.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post-archive-doesnt-contain-all-posts/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [17 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post-archive-doesnt-contain-all-posts/#post-1193336)
 * [http://understandingcancer.co.uk/news/](http://understandingcancer.co.uk/news/)
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Site Slow to Load](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-slow-to-load/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [17 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-slow-to-load/#post-1093405)
 * I’ve tried rebooting my modem/computer and my host doesn’t think there is a problem.
   I’ll leave it for now and see how it is in the morning. Might just be one of 
   those things.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Site Slow to Load](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-slow-to-load/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [17 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-slow-to-load/#post-1093380)
 * Thanks for trying. It’s still not loading for me!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Plugin: AmazonSimpleAdmin] New and Used and Average Customer Reveiw in German](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-amazonsimpleadmin-new-and-used-and-average-customer-reveiw-in-german/)
 *  Thread Starter [aamorrison](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/)
 * (@aamorrison)
 * [18 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-amazonsimpleadmin-new-and-used-and-average-customer-reveiw-in-german/#post-717517)
 * That worked, I also got rid of the black rectangle while I was at it.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/aamorrison/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)