You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page
If you see the above error when you try to login to the admin interface, it may due to your recent change to table prefix.
Normal WordPress table prefix is wp_ but you can change this to something else at a later stage.(e.g. You want to have two WordPress sites in same database)
Lets say if we change our table prefix to site1_ from wp_. (this you can do by changing wp-config.php and renaming tables accordingly)
Then you must do this (Still in 3.3.2 version);
- Goto site1_usermeta table and update all occurrences of following to start with your new table prefix
- wp_capabilities — to — > site1_capabilities
- wp_user_level — to —- > site1_user_level
- wp_autosave_draft_ids — to —- > site1_autosave_draft_ids
- Goto site1__options table and update all occurrences of following to start with your new table prefix
- wp_user_roles — to —- > site1_user_roles
Then the issue should be solved! You should be able to login to the admin interface.
But I don’t still understand the logic to use database prefix for such parameters. May be WordPress developer could address this.
Previous links that help me to solve this are;
Post by Svenjick
- The topic ‘You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page’ is closed to new replies.