Host: Go Daddy
I am having issues with my site:
– I cannot connect with my Android WordPress app on either device (Galaxy S3 & Asus Tablet)- I get a can’t connect “try later” error but it has been over a week.
– When I add media (e.g. a pic) from the WordPress post screen, I get an error (says try later, but it remains the same). After I logout and start a new session, the picture actually appears in the media library, but not until I do so (logout, new session)
– I also use NextGen Photo Gallery Pro by photocrati – when attempting to upload an image or gallery, I get a “php” error and it suggests that it might be a “server configuration” error.
– When I run this: http://example.com/xmlrpc.php?rsd – for my site, I get the following:
“This page contains the following errors:
error on line 7 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.”
There is nothing else on the screen
Steps taken – I tried changing themes. This didn’t help. I did not go through each/all plugins and deactivate them, but I did with many. I also called Go Daddy and they said that everything looked okay from there end.
I can’t help but think these are related (all the problems started around the same time – at least, as I noticed them when trying to use the above functions.)I am an “advanced beginner,” maybe “intermediate” with WordPress – that being said, I can’t help but think something in the database is corrupted or the like?
I did go to MyPHPAdmin and looked at the “columns” file – but, that is above my paygrade! Was trying to understand the “line 7, column 1” in the error above.
Text posts seem to work fine.
I am at a loss, can someone please tell me if this could all be related and some sort of relatively simple fix? Any assistance is greatly appreciated! I am not sure what Go Daddy can do, beyond gutting things and starting over? Hope not! Thanks for your attention!
- The topic ‘XMLRPC error and possible connected issues’ is closed to new replies.