[resolved] XML Parsing Error Line number 4, Column 1 (8 posts)

  1. Rhand
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Been getting the following error

    XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
    Location: http://www.mydomain.com/feed/
    Line Number 4, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

    I added:

    $out = ob_get_contents();
    $out = str_replace(array("\n", "\r", "\t", " "), "", $input);

    to feed-rss2.php without any results. working on the other options now...

  2. Rhand
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Well, still haven't found the error... I do see many XHTML errors, but I do not think they cause the issue, nor would I know how to easily remedy them.

  3. Rhand
    Posted 6 years ago #

    When I added:

    AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

    to the .htaccess all feeds just showed empty or blanc pages..

    Help please!

  4. Rhand
    Posted 6 years ago #

    After I reverted to the old .htaccess version and removed a blanc line there the RSS feeds were working again. If removing the blanc in the .htaccess was what did the trick or the removing of blancs from some files I am not entirely certain, but I bet on the former..

  5. paulolyslager
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Sorry, i have the same problem with my rss feed (http://www.paulolyslager.com/feed). Can you tell me where you've removed the blanc line?

    I hope your feed works now?



  6. paulolyslager
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Ok, fixed the problem and it works in all mentioned browsers... Really weird but really easy... just cleaned my header :)

    I had some blanc lines in there to visually seperate the metatag-lines, rss-lines, blogname-lines, ...

    I hope it works for the other people as well!

    Hmmm, spoke too soon...

    the feedburner link is working... the normal feed (http://www.paulolyslager.com/feed) is still not responding.

    Let me know if someone has an answer!

  7. paulolyslager
    Posted 6 years ago #

    ok, i found this article:


    It made me realise that the only php code i changed over the past few weeks was those of the theme files. I found a blanc line in my archive.php.

    Maybe you should those as well!

  8. Rhand
    Posted 6 years ago #

    @ Paulolyslager In the end it was a Social Bookmarks plugin that caused the problems and after updating it I was able to sove the issue.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic