WYSIWYG editor problems when dragging and dropping
WordPress 2.0, Firefox 1.5, WinXP:
I’ve heard that there was some issues with the new WYSIWYG editor and I had personally experienced some quirkiness in using it before (such as the cursor moving to unexpected places at times).
But now I’ve experienced what I’d consider a serious bug. Here’s what happened:
* I wrote a bolded paragraph in the middle of my previous post
* I then realized that the cursor wasn’t where I’d expected it to be (at the end of the post) and that my bolded paragraph was in the wrong place
* I then selected the bolded paragraph, and dragged and dropped it at the bottom of the post where it was supposed to go in the first place
* I then wrote another paragraph beneath that with the bolding turned off (i.e., normal font)
Everything from where the bolded paragraph initially was all through the remainder of ALL of my previous posts on my blog are now in bold.
Furthermore, the wysiwyg editor still shows the post as intended.
I uploaded screenshots to my WordPress 2.0 Test blog at to clarify what’s going on and wrote a specifc post about this problem at:
but you can better see how the entire blog is affected by looking at it’s index page at
I have not, as of this writing, gone into the HTML code to try to fix what is going on b/c I wanted the WP support team to see how it has affected my entire blog’s previous posts.
Has anyone else experienced this? Does the WP support team know about this issue? Is there any solution other than not using the WYSIWYG editor?
- The topic ‘WYSIWYG editor problems when dragging and dropping’ is closed to new replies.