• Resolved petros381



    I installed the last version of the plugin a few days ago and my property ID is wrong.
    I tried to delete analytics from site kit and installed it again but nothing changed.
    My analytics only work if I insert the right property ID through my theme.

    Thank you

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • @petros381 thanks for your topic. A few questions:

    1) Besides your theme are you using any other ways to connect your site to Analytics? I see a script that might be related to this plugin. Site Kit would not support this implementation, but feel free to confirm or provide your Site Health Information.

    2) While I’m not currently seeing the Google Analytics script inserted by your theme, I see you have a few caching and optimization plugins enabled and a few scripts with 404/ not found errors: https://jmp.sh/uOF7omI

    Let’s see if we can attempt the connection to ensure these aren’t interfering.

    — Clear the cache in your caching and optimizations plugins and then temporarily disable them.

    — Reset the Analytics connection (Site Kit > Settings > Analytics > Edit > Disconnect Analytics from Site Kit then connect again under Connect More Services) in an incognito browser

    Let me know if this helps!

    Thread Starter petros381


    Thank you for your reply. I empty the caching plugins and I deactivated them. Also I deleted analytics and install it from a incognito browser but nothing changed. I’m not sure how can I send you the site health information. I copied it in the windows clipboard but I don’t know how I can send them to you

    Thank you for your help

    Thread Starter petros381


    You are right, even though I had deleted my old analytics plugin there was a script left and maybe that caused the problem. I deleted that old table and tried again but without any result. I will insert again the Google analytics script through my theme but i’m not sure it is the best solution.

    Thank you very much

    @petros381 thanks very much for your update. You can either use Site Kit’s snippet or another method to insert the snippet. In order for Site Kit to detect it, it needs to be present in the HTML of the site.

    Interestingly, I’m still seeing the same when I view the site. Do you have any server side or proxy caching? If you could clear and temporarily disable those as well as the ones on your site again. Let’s then try a clean re-install.

    In an incognito browser:

    1) Reset Site Kit (Site Kit > Settings > Admin Settings > Reset Site Kit)
    2) Delete and reinstall Site Kit
    3) Proceed with the setup process, and connect the Analytics service

    If that doesn’t resolve the issue please provide your Site Health information.

    Another additional question: are you using a language plugin? Are the different versions of the site sharing the same Analytics Property ID and Profile view?

    Thank you!

    Thread Starter petros381


    I followed the steps that you suggested but the property ID remains the same . I use Polylang plugin, and the different versions of the site are sharing the same analytics Property ID.
    I copied the site health information in Word and after in the downloads of my PC, but I don’t know how I can send them to you.

    Thank you for your support

    Thread Starter petros381


    Problem solved. I tried one more time in incognito browser and finally the right property ID appeared. Thank you for your help. Great support.

    @petros381 great to hear! Thanks so much for the update 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong property ID’ is closed to new replies.