[Resolved] Write/edit page hangs on unresponsive script 2.92-3.1
When editing one of my pages the Edit Post page ‘hangs’ for about 15 seconds when switching between HTML and Visual editor, and when Updating the page after edits. It freezes my browsers. Safari and FF often produce an error message ‘Unresponsive script’ or ‘Slow Script’ and ask if I want to stop the script or continue. Sometimes my edits are lost.
FF identifies the problem script as plugin ‘TinyMCE Clear‘ which I’ve used quite a bit on the page in question. This plugin is up to date and I can’t find any similar reported problems with this plugin (on this website or the TinyMCE website).
I have tried all of these remedies with no luck:
– Updating WordPress from 2.92 to 3.1
– Different browsers
– Deactivating TinyMCE Clear
– Removing TinyMCE Clear from the Plugins folder
– Deactivating all plugins
– Removing all plugins from the Plugins folder
– Manually updating WordPress to v3.1
I’ve considered fixes for similar problems but they all date back to WP 2.5:
– A similar TinyMCE problem… see here
– I checked entries in the WP DB postmeta table as described here and here. (Neither of these are really relevant but I checked for the existence of these problems in the DB and they didn’t).
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas on helping me fix this.
EDIT: BTW, I’m running FF3.6.3 and Safari 5.0.3 on Mac.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Write/edit page hangs on unresponsive script 2.92-3.1’ is closed to new replies.