I'm noticing some serious sluggishness with embedded Soundcloud and Bandcamp players populating on my site, even some embedded youtube videos. In some cases, the players never even make it up. In other cases, only parts of the embedded players populate. For instance, I've had one Bandcamp player show up except for the Play button.
IIRC, Bandcamp recently made some adjustments to their site that directly addressed mobile tech functionality, especially iPhones and iPads. I also read on Soundcloud's blog that they've been tweaking their HTML5 players.
It's on an iPad that I noticed something had recently changed regarding the embedded players. A handful of weeks ago, no problems. However, my Mac laptop is also having some difficulties, so it might not just be a WPTouch mobile issue.
I don't know if maybe the current version of WPTouch is clashing with the new bandcamp and soundcloud code. From my (amateurish) observations, there's a part of me that's wondering if some of the problem has to do with the Sharing functionality built into each embedded player. If I could find a way to extract the Sharing language of the bandcamp and soundcloud players, I can't help but wonder if that would clear the problem up.
That said, WPTouch is an excellent product. I'm sure whatever is causing the recent static will get resolved.
EDIT: Eh, sorry, I got distracted by latest posts, forgot that the OP doesn't coincide with my post. I can create a new thread if you like.