Released 2.3.5 yesterday.
- Added auto-draft to publish action, better support for Windows Live Writer and other XML-RPC clients.
- Added error check for Facebook class inside comments.php file
- Reverted some changes to Gravatar code that was overly restrictive in 2.3.4, preventing Facebook avatars from showing in some circumstances
The core permissions mechanisms (granting permissions in Facebook, capturing access tokens) remain unchanged, but recently some people have been having problems – seems Facebook has once again changed application defaults.
In your Facebook Application settings, there is an “Advanced” set of settings. For WPBook to work, current recommendation is:
- “Deprecate offline_access” must be “disabled” – if this is enabled WPBook will not be able to do much of anything.
- “Enhanced OAuth dialog” should be disabled – this one I haven’t tested very thoroughly, but I know it works with this migration disabled and at least one user has had trouble with it enabled.
I believe those are the only settings you would need to change, but it is difficult to keep track, as Facebook Applications created at different points in history have different settings available.
This might be a stupid question, but I cannot see how to post directly to the wall of a page?
@tmarsh1 in the WPBook settings (in WordPress, dashboard->settings->wpbook), there is a section for stream/wall options.
If you check the checkbox under “publish to the wall of this page/group” and provide the page ID, WP Book will try to publish to that page or group the next time you publish a post.
You may need to regrant permissions.
I now have have wpbook posting to FB group, should comments come back to WP?
should FB group post show on WP?
@promitech – Comments made in response to posts that came from WPBook will get imported – cronjob runs every hour.
Posts made directly to the FB Group will not show in WordPress.
thanks, trying to find a programmer to add that function now, got ripped from the first one for 80 bucks, can you recommend someone honest?
- The topic ‘WPBook 2.3.5, Facebook Application Settings’ is closed to new replies.