Hi. I’m working on a site where they really want to have expandable menus. I know CSS and I can make the expandable menu, but I’m not sure how I can make WordPress do what I like.
Here’s what I need to do:
1. Make headings. These can be pages. I need to remove the href attribute for links which are going to have a drop-down menu underneath them (ie a page which has no children), but there are also pages that have no children which will need to be linked from the “header” style.
2. Add divs to some of the links. I could potentially style some of the LI/UL tags this way, but I would like to add my own divs.
3. Add ONCLICK to
The menu I want is a menu like this: http://www.ideaskids.com/
The code I am currently using to make the expandable menu is
<div class="hide" id="teens"> <div class="navheader"><div class="text"><a title="Resources for Teens">Resources for Teens</a></div></div> <div class="second"> <ul class="drop">
<li><a href="teens/teensibd.html" title="IBD">IBD</a> </li> <li><a href="teens/teensibs.html" title="IBS">IBS</a> </li> <li><a href="teens/teensceliac.html" title="Celiac Disease">Celiac Disease</a> </li> <li><a href="teens/teensgerd.html" title="GERD">GERD</a> </li> <li><a href="teens/teenssupport.html" title="Support">Support</a> </li> <li><a href="teens/teensfun.html" title="Fun and Games">Fun and Games</a> <img src="images/navexpandedbot.jpg" alt="bottomimage"> </div></li>
I think MOST important things to do are:
– *ADD THE ONLCICK FUNCTION*
– add the image at the bottom of the sub-navs.
– get the custom ID (though I could change it to use classes) for each top-level page.
I want to find out where the output of wp_list_pages is defined and change it, essentially. I don’t know PHP well, but I am willing to learn.
- The topic ‘wp_list_pages — expandable menu’ is closed to new replies.