I have a local WordPress install that I’m trying to migrate to my live site (http://biggin.ca). The site works perfectly on Local, but when I migrate it to Live, the front page shows up blank. All sub-pages work fine on Live (e.g. http://biggin.ca/category/photos), and I can log into the dashboard fine too. The entire site worked fine with my previous host too.
The steps I’ve taken to migrate are:
1. Use WP Migrate DB to export the database from Local
2. Create new DB on Live
3. Import DB to Live
4. Upload entire WordPress fileset to Live
5. Update wp-config to Live DB credentials
I’ve done successfully this with several other sites in the past (e.g. migrating from my previous host to Local, migrating a different site from Local to current host), and I can’t for the life of me figure out what the problem is here.
I’ve tried some of the more obvious things mentioned in other posts about migration issues:
– Activate Twentyten theme to rule out theme issues
– Updating/disabling all plugins to rule out plugin issues
– Reuploading the entire fileset to rule out corrupt file upload
– Fiddling with front page and permalink settings
None of these things helped. To me it seems like since it works fine on Local, it’s not a plugin/theme issue; since I’ve migrated the same way for a different site it’s not a host issue; since all nav/content on sub-pages works fine it’s not a DB issue.
I’m out of ideas! Thoughts?
- The topic ‘WP works fine on localhost; front page blank on Live’ is closed to new replies.