A couple things I would like to see...
- An admin panel which can be configured easily to how the user wants it to look.
- The ability to turn off some parts of WP. For instance, Links and the "WordPress Bookmarklet" portion at the bottom of the post page. Not everyone uses them.
- Easier intergration of pinging Blogrolling and other blog services. Ie. a field to enter urls of addition services to ping, instead of having to hack up php files to get it to work.
- A working upload script
- A category drop down list on the post page instead of check boxes. For those of us that have a lot of categories it gets to be a long column that scrolls down into the "WordPress Bookmarklet" area. Which makes things look rather messy.
- In the edit menu, instead of listing the title and the entire entry, just list the title, and to edit the entry, click on the title. As it is right now, it's extremely messy and cumbersome
- Have the "View Site" button open the site in a new window
- Have the admin area rely less on CSS based buttons. And have basic menu links or a graphical menu
- On the post page and advanced editing page, place "Save" "Publish", etc buttons at the bottom. It doesn't make any sense having the "upload image", "trackback" and "edit timestamp" regions below the buttons that publish a post.
- Intead of having an "advanced editing" button on the post page, an option under options for ' "Advanced Editing" on or off' would be better. Sure it's only one click for each post. But, if you have to do it for every post, it gets to be a pain
- On the post page, if you're going to have a field for an except, might as well go the whole-9 and have a field of an extended entry also -- Or make an <!--excerpt--> tag so that text prior to it is considered an excerpt.