- New install of 2.7 on new bluehost.com account with SimpleScripts
- imported WP from version 2.7 on development server, where everything worked (including images for January 09, which generated this directory: /wp-content/uploads/2009/01)
- permissions set to: 777
- Editing Draft blog entry
- Try to upload image of a reasonable size (not too big)
- get this same error message with browser uploader and flash uploader:
Unable to create directory /wp-content/uploads/2009/01. Is its parent directory writable by the server?
I found the thread in this forum about upload issues and took these actions:
- deleted wp-admin folder and wp-includes folder from server in case SimpleScripts got it messed up
- downloaded fresh version of WP 2.7 and uploaded fresh files of wp-admin and wp-includes
I closed the browser, cleared the cache, logged out and logged back in.
Problem still exists.