Ok, I will try to lay this out as clearly as possible.
– I built a site in WP 3.0
– Site working fine on MAMP
– Site starting to lag on MAMP as I add pages
– Site wont work on MAMP, just times out but wp-admin is fine
– Upload site to random folder to test
– Site works fine
– Few hours later, Site wont work at all, times out
– wp-admin still works fine unless you are creating or editing pages
– I contact Dreamhost, they tell me the problem is that my site is using all of the RAM, strange
– I try everything, disabling plugins, emptying custom pages that have php code and even the header and footer and reloading
– I try optimising tables, caching plugins and re exporting/ importing the database
I have approx 150 pages that use the same template, they all pull approx 30 images each from the gallery but this site fails to even load the main page which does not touch any of those page templates. It used to work fine, now it doesn’t and all I have done is add more pages, I even deleted the php calls that gather all of the image attachments, still not working.
So lost, any ideas?
- The topic ‘WP using way too much RAM’ is closed to new replies.