Okay, so this is very odd (to me). I have a site that was recently updated to v3.3. Here are the current issues:
– menu flyout boxes on hover don’t work (no biggy, but clearly not right)
– new media uploader doesn’t work. there is a link to ‘switch to the new uploader’, but it doesn’t produce any result (again, no biggy, but not right)
– here’s the kicker tho…the page and post edit screens don’t have the toolbar buttons above the the main edit field (where the main post/page content goes), and it APPEARS that the field itself is inaccessible – that is, i click the mouse on it to start typing and nothing happens. i don’t see my mouse/cursor in the field. and the field itself is blank. i can add a title (or change a title of an existing page/post), but when i click on main edit field, no luck, and on existing pages/posts, the main edit field appears blank.
HOWEVER….(the plot thickens), I just accidentally clicked and dragged in the edit field of an existing post and it highlighted some text. in other words, the text is there, and the cursor accesses it, but it’s all WHITE. the same color as the background, so it APPEARS as though nothing is there, but it really is.
i’ve done all the normal things…
– changed plugin file name to reset
– deactivated all plugins
– reinstalled – automatically and manually – wp 3.3
– changed theme back to default to check if it’s a theme issue
– reset my browser (i’m rocking a mac, btw)
can anyone suggest a fix for this extremely odd issue? thanks amil…
- The topic ‘WP upgrade to 3.3 – now post/page edit problem’ is closed to new replies.