Before I get the usual round of "go rad this < link >" etc - I've done all that and none of the solutions posted work.
Situation - WP2.6.5 self hosted on a PHP5.x/SQL5.x server from US hosts.
Until late last week WP Stats was working fine (apart from the nagging need to re-login every couple of weeks, which seems to be a login time out system going back years).
There were no changes to the install or plugins in the latter half of last week or over the weekend, but, Friday or Saturday the wordpress.com login page (from Dashboard - Stats) just stopped responding. Insert user name and password, click submit, and it just refreshes back to requesting user details - no error message.
In frustration, I have tried all of the following -
- requested new wordpress.com passwords (3 times) - none fixed it
- deactivated and reactivated the plugin to force re-save of the API number - didn't help
- downloaded the plugin fresh from w.org and reinstalled after deleting the old install - didn't work
- checked the logins work at wp.COM - they do
- checked stats are still being collected at wp.com - they are (and are visible there)
- checked the problem in FF3.x and IE6.5 - exists in both
- checked 3rd party cookies are on - they are in both browsers
- checked the firewall is allowing cookies through - it is
- checked the issue on all my blogs (multiple hosts in multiple countries) - it exists on all of them
- checked the problem from other computers on the network here - it exists on all of them
- went out to an internet cafe to see if it exists there - it does
So basically, in British English idiom, I am left with the conclusion that wordpress stats is "buggered". Either that or it is a surreptitious plot to drive traffic to wp.com by forcing us to check our stats there ... hmmm?
Would that about sum it up? Or, does someone know a fix for this?