I have a site that that (because of what it has evolved into) I want to split into two. Half will revert to looking more like a normal WP blog. The other half (almost all the static pages) will be moved to a new domain.
I could run the new domain on WordPress but this may not be optimal as I do not need the blogging features, just static pages, on the other hand the site will eventually have thousands of static pages so WP does not look like the best way to manage it. OK, I am asking about migrating from WP in WP support which may seem a little strange, but, firstly, WP is still an option (it has the advantage that I am using it already), and, secondly I want something that I can migrate to from WordPress and that has a similar appeal to WordPress, just for a slightly different job. I would be grateful for any suggestions.
Ideally I need:
- Easy import of WP pages (but not)
- Easy to install/upgrade/administer (Like WP!)
- Something that runs on a platform that I can easily find shared hosting for (e.g. Apache + PHP/Perl/Python+MySQL
- I would like to be able to categorise pages and have them included in a dynamically generated index that looks like my manually maintained index. I do not mind having to modify code a little to achieve this but I am not really up to doing anything complex.
- A wiki may be a worthwhile experiment but it should be easy to roll back changes and to restrict editing rights if it does not work out.
Thanks in advance
- The topic ‘WP site to CMS advice’ is closed to new replies.