Hey guys, I’m having issues with my site running very slow on a Windows server. I’ve been trying to fix this issue for over 2 days now and it’s driving me absolutely crazy.
What I’ve discovered so far:
1) Changing the site address OR adding pretty permalinks slows it down, other wise it is super fast.
2) I’m only changing the site address from http://www.mediaconnectnow.com/wordpress to http://www.mediaconnectnow.com. I did this by copying the index.php file and changing the appropriate line.
3) The pretty permalinks were set up using URL Rewrite Module, and the standard rewrite rule is being used in my web.config.
4) When a page loads it uses a considerable amount of CPU processing when running php-cgi.exe. Memory is not an issue.
5) When I turn off pretty permalinks and set my site back to the default http://www.mediaconnectnow.com/wordpress everything runs super fast again.