wp-RSS2 : huge mess with iTunes lokking for a static solution
My WP install publishes a podcast and I’m #2 in my local (French) iTunes Top 100 list.
That’s great .. but that becomes a huge probleme because I’m unable to provide a correct feed with wp-rss2 and I have a huge nomber of emails from people who fail to subscribe through iTunes.
I had problem with RSS readers users before but they are more advanced users than iTunes’s one so this was not a real big issue, now this becomes a real big issue.
WP-rss2 seems to work well with non-accentuated languages (english..) but I absolutely fail to make it work with my language.
I have a huge lot of problems with RSS2 and iTunes seems very sensible to this, among those, some questions :
1) is there a WP function to remove HTML tags.
<![CDATA[<?php the_content('', 0,'') ?>]]> returns
This breaks <itunes:summary>
2) in the_content
'semm to be translated in
’that breaks my feed is there any solution to have it un changed ?
3) have someone seen a hack plugin or extensions that takes WP contents and output a static XML file ? Based of the amount of problems I ever had with wp-rss2 it would easier for me to produce a static file and edit it by hand in case of problem.
Tanks in advance
In case others have the same problem I ended by
1) Make a view source on the RSS2 link
2) copy in a text (utf8) file
3) correct it
4) save it on the server
5) adding to .htaccess file the following redirection :
Redirect temp /feed/rss2 http:/www.mywp.com/mycorrectfeed.xml
- The topic ‘wp-RSS2 : huge mess with iTunes lokking for a static solution’ is closed to new replies.