Upgrading to WP 2.6 has been a nightmare for a lot of people. WP’s official response seems to be one of either attitude or neglect.
In case a reminder is needed – WP is a for profit company. It may be free to use but even with that economic structure the people using the software should still be treated a customers.
1. My advice would be to find Moderators who are less condescending and defensive. We should not be made to feel as though we have to grovel for support. And we should not be made to feel like we have to be seasoned Webmasters to use the forum. Is this the kind of message WP wants to send to it’s users…
Make no mistake about it, running WordPress on your own host is not “having a blog”, it is “running a website”. And this support forum is for those people who run their own website. I do not cater to the clueless on this support forum, nor do I have any plans to start. So if somebody doesn’t know how to search or know the very basic principles, then I will tell them to skip the idea of running their own site and to use wordpress.com instead. They’ll be happier that way.
2. Accept the fact that a lot of untrained would-be webmasters use your product. Increase your support for them. Every Webmaster has to start somewhere. Don’t you want them to begin with WP? Aren’t you supposed to be a starting point?
3. Weed out and ban people from the forum who serve no purpose other than to demean and ridicule others. Whoami comes to mind here. I can only image how many people she has discouraged from ever asking a question again…
I would hang it up, no sense in continuing, move to Hawaii, smoke dope all day and forget about blogging ..its the end of the world as we know it …
that or you could do just a little searching.. do you think this might have come up before??? its not like there isnt a B I G – A S S S T I C K Y P O S T on the front page of the forum or anything. Do you see it? Right at the top.
4. Don’t release another update unless you have the support ready to troubleshoot.
Seriously, WP is a great product and is popular for a reason. I would hate to see the ill will on this forum bring you down. Do you really want to be the Friendster of blogging software?
- The topic ‘WP needs to get its S**T together!’ is closed to new replies.