Hello, all went well from my migration from MT until I checked my site for validity.
My post was originally validated as XHTML 1.0 Strict. However, the content returned by
is not valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
I clicked to “Edit” my post in my WP blog and cut-and-pasted the content into a document and was able to confirm that the post content is valid XHTML 1.0 Strict.
Since my attempt to capture the problem were so troubling because I couldn’t encode them on this forum, I put the detail up on my website:
On a more general note: Can I do something to prevent WP from doing anything to the post? It seems to take real carriage returns and create line breaks and new paragraphs. WP also makes a bunch of entity substitutions, some of which are incorrect.
Update: I originally had multiple posts here and managed to mess up the forum with my encoding attempts. I see that something has been changed since I originally posted and it made some posts by me and others disappear.
Lane suggested that I put the
after the (lt bang dash dash) on the same line.
That might be workaround for this situation, but does not solve the more general problem that exists. I’ll have to give it a try though.
Another update: now that I updated my posts below to delete the problematic forum encoding, the posts that appeared to have disappeared have re-appeared!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.