You misunderstand. I read on forums.lesterchan.net that while you are still maintaining your plugins, that you had stopped offering support. It was not my intention to step on your toes in anyway, simply to help out anyone who is having difficulties with what is truly a fantastic plugin.
Now, down to business. I said it was a Plesk fix is because I wrongly assumed this to be the case. However, actually on further investigation I have found that the problem is not down to Plesk or the inclusion of the port and sock in the command, rather that they are being setup incorrectly. In my original install of WP that I started using your plugin it was handrolled, it was when I moved from .co.uk to .com that I installed it from Plesk applications, and whereas I used only localhost as the host it had added :3306. The plugin checks for the port, but after exploding at : an if statement
is returning false because after being exploded it is being treated as a string - for example line 51 of database-backup.php. This causes the port to be used as sock instead. I have now pushed a new version to Git with a new name with the original command intact, but this fixed, so this makes it a widespread fix not related to Plesk.
I posted here actually because I was hoping to attract your attention, and the attention of the community, because I know a lot of people have had the same issue as me with the backup failing and a 0bytes size file and, as my site is very new (new venture) I wanted to try and get the word out about it being a possible fix. I don't know if I have done it in the right way - I am fairly new to actually putting my work out there, so if I have offended you or stepped on your toes I am sorry. If so, perhaps you can add me on SVN and I could post this as a patch, or you can do it and credit me with a link - the latter would be really great for me. I will update my blog with this update now, but after you fix I will delete the git and simply link to your main plugin.