I've had my WP installation running since mid-April and this includes a newsletter that relies on wp-cron.php to send the newsletter out in batches. With the same theme, ect. I've sent out three other newsletters.
As of last week wp-cron no longer works.
My host says they are not blocking the wp-cron file but according to the diagnosis section of the newsletter (Satollo) although wp-cron is up it is not actually running.
- set-up an external cron job to ping wp-cron.php every 5 minutes (http://bit.ly/1229UEB)
- checked permissions of all files
- turned off all plug-ins
- checked the access log (when wp-cron.php is run it returns 200- OK)
- checked file permissions
- upgraded to php 5.3 (I know, grasping at straws)
- replaced the contents of wp-admin with a fresh install of files
- my .htaccess file contains:
allow from all
I really don't know what to do anymore - the newsletter developer has been MORE than helpful in trying to find the cause but we haven't, yet.
Any suggestions on other things to check or kick to make it work again?