WP Cache DOES work with WP 2.0x – Installation instructions here
If your blog is blessed with a lot of traffic, you know it can be a curse. And if you are running WordPress 2.0x, you know that the built-in cache is not good enough to lessen the server’s load and that nasty email from your hosting provider.
The solution is to try to install Gallir’s WP Cache plugin, but you may have seen it listed as ‘non working’ under WP 2.0x. Well, it DOES work, thank goodness, and here’s how to install it (I have compiled this different tips from different sources, this is simply what worked for me running WP 2.02).
Installing Gallir’s WP Cache under WordPress 2.02:
1. Download the WP Cache 2.0.17 plugin here:
2. Upload to your plugins folder, usually
wp-content/plugins/and unzip the file, it will create a
3. If you have Compression turned on under Miscellaneous options, turn it off.
wp-content/cachedirectory and make sure the web server can write in it (chmod to 777)
wp-contentdirectory writeable by the web server (chmod to 777).
6. Add the following line to your wp-config.php` file:
Make sure you add the line in the middle of the file, otherwise it won’t execute.
7. Copy wp-cache-phase1.php to advance-cache.php and place it in the wp-content folder.
8. Change ob_end_clean to ob_end_flush in the wp-cache-phase2.php file.
9. Go to “Options” administration menu, select “WP-Cache” from the submenu and enable cache.
10. Check the cache is working by viewing the source of the page, the second reload should show at the bottom of the HTML code:
<!– Dynamic Page Served (once) in 0.154 seconds –>
<!– Cached page served by WP-Cache –>
11. Chmod wp-content back to 755 for security.
This excellent plugin by Gallir is a must for anybody with serious traffic to their site, even if you have great hardware on the server, a spike in traffic can bring Apache down very quickly.
Let me know any omissions of improvements, I really don’t know anything about programming, etc, only a blogger really.
Hope this helps.
- The topic ‘WP Cache DOES work with WP 2.0x – Installation instructions here’ is closed to new replies.