I’m interested in finding a PHP app that handles RSS news publishing and syndication. My requirements are:
* PHP / MySQL
* open source
* rich text editor, with media manager (something like TinyMCE or FCKeditor)
* can have an unlimited number of article categories, each of which can be syndicated via RSS individually
* articles can be associated with multiple categories
* also generates JS code for publishers to use to drop feeds on their site(s)
* feeds can be configured to display headlines only, first x number of characters, or full article text with images
* user commenting
* not required, but curious: RSS ads – text ads within a feed that link directly to an advertiser website rather than an article URL
* fully customizable index.php page
From what I’ve gathered, WP handles most of this, but…
Does WP have a rich text editor?
Can it generate JS for feeds, or is there a plugin that will do this? (See an example of this here: http://nicheretail.ipc.partnercentric.com/affiliates/default.aspx. This is used for product info, but would be used for article publishing in my circumstance.)
Are feeds totally customizable?
What about RSS ads? Can a text ad be inserted into a feed? Has anyone married phpAdsNew with WP RSS feeds?
I don’t need a full blown portal or CMS. I’d also like to avoid having to modify an app extensively to do what I need. I would however be willing to have a plugin developed to add a specific functionality to WP.
All comments appreciated,
- The topic ‘WP as syndication tool’ is closed to new replies.