I had to setup WP for a cyrillic alphabet based site for the first time and here are the problems I stumbled upon.
1. When I'm uploading a picture with filename in cyrillic (пример.jpg), the name doesn't show up in the WP gallery and on the server the file is saved with some really weird name. Of course the image shows as 404 in WP.
2. The URLs in cyrillic show up in the source like that:
3. The URLs in the address bar of IE, show up the same ugly way ( they are fine in Chrome and Firefox though)
4. The last language file i found for bulgarian was 2.8 and when i set it, the admin panel started to give an error for insufficient memory.
Thank you! :)