I have a mysterious problem. My theme live preview option suddenly stopped working. It was working fine just a day before. What it displays now is only the sidebar with the customizable theme options and blank to the right regardless of which theme I chose.
I had searched the forums for solutions to this problem and have already done the following:
- Deleted all plugins (not even Akismet or Hello Dolly exists).
- Deleted all 3rd party themes. I'm only left with a fresh install of Twenty Ten (that was also deleted and reinstalled afresh).
- Deleted and re-uploaded the newly downloaded 3.5 wp-admin and wp-includes files.
- Tried accessing it from 3 different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE), cleared caches to the same result.
- Tried accessing it from another computer, also to the same result.
Currently the only theme I have on the server is Twenty Ten, and even the live preview for that isn't working.
Does anyone have any ideas? :/
Additionally, I'm not sure if this might be related to another minor problem I am having. Whenever I try to edit a category and click a url looking like this:
OR if I try to get to Page 2 of my Categories, URL being:
OR even if I try to press the 'View' link of a category (from the edit categories page):
In all 3 instances, I get to a 403 Forbidden page.
You don't have permission to access /wp-admin/edit-tags.php (/ for /?cat=33) on this server. Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
The interesting thing is that once I'm on the 403 Forbidden page, I just need to press 'enter' on the current browser URL, and the page that was supposed to load will load as per normal. But I still cannot edit categories whatsoever in this way, as that requires pressing the Update button which leads back to the plain old 'edit-tags.php' URL, with no information submission.