It's really bad. Like, the worst since I've started using WP.
My machine is Win Server 2003, with SP2
PHP v 5.2.6
MySQL v 5.0.51a
Here's what I've noticed is broken so far in WP 2.8:
- RSS seems to be broken. I check my RSS feed all the time (for obvious reasons) and it's simply not working since the 2.8 update. I'm referring to my site's normal posts RSS...the feed for our podcast still seems to be ok.
- Incoming Links never loads
- Plugins never loads
- Stats never loads
- WordPress Development Blog never loads
- Other WordPress News never loads
- Screen Options drop-down doesn't work (it's broken on every page)
- In the Edit Posts list, the Quick Edit link doesn't work
- None of the links under Publish, Post Tags or Categories work when I go to Edit a post. They pretty much just do nothing.
NOTE: I disabled the following plugins and now the stuff in the above two groups all works (well, mostly):
Configurable Tag Cloud
Flash Tag Cloud
I say mostly because in the Posts > Edit list, if you use Quick Edit, then change from Published to Draft, the post disappears from the list. Clicking on Edit again brings it back.
Also, RSS is still broken. The errors that Feed Validator are throwing are invalid characters in the middle of a post...like the letter 'c' in a random word. It seems that maybe a tag isn't getting closed here or there and is throwing off the feed (just guessing).