Could someone please solve this once and for all?
I used Fantastico to create my WordPress installation. Everything was fine. I want to make the front end Japanese and keep the back end English.
I got the Japanese language files from here: http://ja.wordpress.org/releases/
I tried using the “Different Localization in Front- and Backend” plugin from here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/fe-be-localization/ I followed the instructions and it didn’t work. (this might be because the plugin is dated)
I then deleted the plugin and tried the information I found here:
My wp-config.php file was edited to look like this:
* WordPress Localized Language, defaults to English.
* Change this to localize WordPress. A corresponding MO file for the chosen
* language must be installed to wp-content/languages. For example, install
* de.mo to wp-content/languages and set WPLANG to ‘de’ to enable German
* language support.
define (‘WPLANG’, ‘pt_JA‘);
I have four files in my /public_html/wp-content/languages folder
Could someone please help? I would think this is a simple issue to take care of. This is a major block for me right now. Thanks in advance.
- The topic ‘HELP! WP 2.8 Front End Japanese, Back End English’ is closed to new replies.