I am having the same issues.
I have a tried a ton of stuff to try to get the "Sorry, Comments Closed" message to go away.
- Validating my pages, fixing validation errors
- Tested in Safari, IE, Opera and Firefox. IE gives me an error page, no message
- Checking commenting for the whole site
- Checked commenting on a per post basis
- Searched WordPress Forums
- Searched the Web
- Upgraded all plugins that needed it, deleted unnecessary plugins
- Reverted back to the default theme
- Upgraded testing environment to WordPress 2.5 final, but can’t replicate the problem
Good to know that someone else tried to deactivate all plugins before I tried that. I won't assume that will work. I also don't have the "Add your own headers" plugin.
Can anyone else replicate this problem and help solve it???