I stumbled upon Duplicator looking for - wait for it - a way to duplicate an existing WordPress site! As a website designer, I frequently create "dev" sites for my clients and occasionally get in a position where a site is on one server and I need to take it live on another server. Short story is this: Duplicator helps you do exactly that...
1. You install the Duplicator plugin on the origin site
2. You click 1 button to build an installer script
3. You click 1 button to build a full site backup (files, db, etc.)
4. You create a new (empty) database on the target site/server
5. You upload the installer script and size backup to the target directory via FTP
6. You browse to the installer script
7. You enter the new db details and click through a few on-screen directions
8. Boom - your existing WP site is duplicated and running
Your mileage may vary, but it really was that easy for me.
This is EXACTLY how the process should work. Kudos to the developer(s) and I WILL donate to support this plugin!