I didn’t want to do the multiple site install. I think I’ve got everything setup (as it appears to be running) for NUMBER1 site.
First, the set up:
1. I first created the database through MAMP for site Number 1. I called that database Number 1.
2.I created a folder for NUMBER1 site up in users/mycomputer/sites/NUMBER1. This is where the wordpress files now live.
This is also the location for the Apache Document root.
2. I also created a folder for NUMBER2 site in users/mycomputername/sites/NUMBER2.
Here are my questions:
3. Do I copy all the wordpress files into the NUMBER2 folder just like I did for NUMBER1?
4. Do I launch MAMP and have to manually change the document root from NUMBER1 to NUMBER2 each time I want to work on the individual sites? Is this how I do it?
Or, have I over complicated all this. Imean, don’t I just sign on with a username and password somehow now?
5. Or, how do I create another wordpress site now? What about the localhost:8888?
- The topic ‘Working with MAMP and multiple sites’ is closed to new replies.