Support » Plugin: Search and Replace » Worked like a champ!

  • My web host migrated multiple sites to a different server — and apparently, a UTF encoding setting wasn’t correct. The result was that lots of special characters — —Â, “ and …, among others — suddenly showed up all over my site.

    My website goes back 18 years, so going back post by post wasn’t a realistic option. And leaving that content strewn with unreadable garbage wasn’t realistic, either.

    I found this plugin, then determined what character each individual string of random characters was SUPPOSED to be. One by one, I replaced each string with the correct character.

    It took about two minutes to correct errors across literally thousands of posts. It couldn’t have been simpler.

  • You must be logged in to reply to this review.