Support » Plugin: GR Progress Widget » Worked great… until it didn’t

  • I really liked this widget while it was working. Suddenly, it just stopped retrieving data. I have tested two other Goodreads widgets (from other sources) and they work perfectly fine. I tried everything I could think of to get this one to work again but it just wouldn’t.
    When I asked for help on the forum, the author told me to try everything I had already tried, then proceeded to tell me my settings worked fine for them so “Sorry. No idea what’s wrong.”
    I think you should be of a little more assistance to your customers than to just admit you don’t know what is going on with your own product.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Plugin Author cmeeren


    I have now made a change to the plugin. Please see if version 1.5.2 works for you.

    But let me make entirely clear that:

    1. I always try to fix bugs that are reported.

    2. I am developing this in my spare time and earning absolutely no money on it, and therefore I have no “customers” I am required to support.

    3. It’s (unfortunately) completely normal in software development to have bugs that the developer has no idea why happens. For professional software development, I am paid to fix the bugs and are able to spend the necessary time to do so. But for this widget and a few other personal projects, I have only the resources I allocate from my personal life and already limited spare time.

    Still, I thank you for the bug report and hope it’s fixed in version 1.5.2.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Worked great… until it didn’t’ is closed to new replies.