My WordPress blog was working really well, I’d been posting to it for a week, I was very happy…
but now, after I followed the instructions on setting up the blog in a different directory from this site, I can’t login!
Oringinally it was all in one directory. Worked fine. Then I did the following:
1) copied wordpress/index.php to daedalus.php in my root directory
2) left index.php in the wordpress directory
3) edited the php include statement atop daedalus.php to read:
4) Logged in to my existing blog (wordpress/index.php), and via the Options menu changed the two paths (wordpress folder and blog) to:
5) I was immediately taken to a 404 error (which seemed the correct behaviour)
6) I changed the name of the ‘wordpress’ directory to ‘maze-blog’
Voila, the blog reappeared! and looked good as new when I went to:
And I thought all was well in my kingdom…
But the problem is, now I can’t login ! It just sends me back to the login window, as if I entered a bad user/pass combination. For either of my two users (admin and Christopher).
I looked in the config.php file and it seemed that none of the four settings (database name, database user, pass, and host) should be changed at all, right? They are still the same…
What did I do wrong? Any help much appreciated…Sincerely, christpher
- The topic ‘worked fine, until in different directory’ is closed to new replies.