There apparently is some problem with the WordPress.org theme server and the 2010 Weaver theme. For still unknown reasons, the server has been apparently randomly delivering broken versions of the 2010 Weaver theme files, and the update is breaking.
All the correct 2010 Weaver files are available on the server, it has just been delivering the wrong files. This is beyond my control as theme developer, and I am truly distressed at all the issues this has caused for the theme users.
I don’t know how long this will remain an issue, but a full working version is available at http://wpweaver.info – just download and follow these steps.
1. If you’re system is hung, or you get an invalid theme message, you will need to use your hosts file access capabilities (e.g., cPanel for many hosts, or ftp access on others), and delete the entire 2010-weaver directory, found at
your-site-root/wp-content/themes/2010-weaver. Your site will now display using a default theme.
2. If it is working, you can also try just using the dashboard theme manager, and delete the old version of 2010 Weaver.
3. Download the latest version at http://wpweaver.info/download.
4. Use the theme manager to upload that .zip file, and install it. If you’re upgrading from and earlier version, you will likely see an upgrade message. You should be set to go.
Sorry about all this, and I hope this info helps.
- The topic ‘WordPress.org server problems and 2010 Weaver’ is closed to new replies.