WordPress.org

Forums

WordPress.com Stats causing dashboard problems (2.8)? (9 posts)

  1. Mosher
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Along with a lot of other people I'm having dashboard problems after upgrading to 2.8. After some fiddling with the plug-ins, I've found that WordPress.com Stats seems to be blanking out the right hand column and disabling the pop-up menus.

    Entering the URL for the stats page (...index.php?page=stats) shows that in itself it's still working. Disable the plug-in and everything else appears fine.

    I was just curious to see if anyone else is getting the same problem for the same reason.

  2. dwinstigator
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    My dashboard is now extremely finicky about letting me reorganize the widgets, and even when I manage to get them where I want, the layout isn't saved when I leave and return. It does, however, save my chosen number of columns, but not further placement choices. I tried disabling all my plugins, including WordPress.com Stats, and nothing changed. Tried a reinstall and a second browser and the same exact problems.

  3. Mosher
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Well, I sorted it. And created another problem. Edited my .htaccess file to force PHP5. I added the following 2 lines:

    AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
    AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

    They're also required to get the auto update to work.

    Dashboard's now fine, but now the display/editing of Permalinks underneath the post title on the "add post" page doesn't work. Will keep my eyes open for other issues...

  4. Second
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Edit: Scratch that, it's WP Post Thumbnail that's breaking the dashboard atm.

  5. Marshmelly411
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    I was having the same problem and editing my .htaccess file by adding those two lines seemed to work! It could have also been why my auto-update never used to work. Thanks!

  6. greencurmudgeon
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Hello -

    I tried the .htaccess solution; it worked with one hosting company, but not another: it broke PHP completely on the other. And I checked the server is running PHP 5.

    Is there any ETA on a dashboard fix? It's not fatal, but it's not optimal either.

  7. Mosher
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    For the record, my dashboard is now working fine. The only issue I have is an intermittent "failure to appear" of the post path/filename underneath the title when adding/editing a post. It works, just sometimes doesn't show itself.

    My ISP is "1and1" in the UK for those about to try the .htaccess fix - seems to have worked for me.

  8. Andrew Ledwith
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    I'm having this issue too. I've always been a little wary of messing with the .htaccess file. I was hoping for a plugin upgrade/tweak that would fix everything. =(

    I may just disable it for the time being.

  9. coryplotts
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Thanks Mosher, that worked for me too! My ISP is also 1and1.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic