WordPress Theme and Thesis
Confession – I am very new to the website building and WordPress world. I have some confusion on how to use my WordPress theme along with Thesis.
Here’s where I’m at: I am using iPage as a webhost, and through them I created the my domain name. I found a WordPress theme I liked, purchased it, downloaded it, and activated it via WordPress. But I don’t know how to customize it the way I want, so I decided to purchase and download Thesis. But first their tutorial told me to install Filezilla and upload Thesis into “themes”. So I did. Specifically, these are the instructions I followed:
* Upload the new Thesis 1.8.2 folder to your /wp-content/themes folder.
* Locate the /custom-sample folder and change its name to /custom.
* Locate the layout.css file inside your newly-renamed /custom folder, and change its permissions to 666.
* [optional but highly recommended] If you’d like to give Thesis the ability to auto-crop thumbnail images for you, then you’ll want to change the permissions of your /custom/cache folder to 775.
* Inside your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance → Themes, and then activate Thesis 1.8.2. [However, I did not activate yet bc I have another “theme” activate]
* You’re done with the dirty work! Now it’s time for the fun stuff—check out the Thesis Options, which you can access from the Thesis links on the left side of your WordPress dashboard.
Here’s my confusion:
1. Upon returning to my WP Dashboard, Thesis is not in the control panel but in the “Themes” category waiting to be activated with it’s own theme.
2. Can Thesis work with my current WP theme or am I forced to abandon the theme I purchased and now use a Thesis theme?
3. Perhaps by following the Thesis tutorial, I uploaded Thesis into “themes” when I really shouldn’t have. I’m not sure.
Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
- The topic ‘WordPress Theme and Thesis’ is closed to new replies.