Hi everyone, I’m in the process of setting up a WordPress blog (v2.9.2) and much has been said about the security of WordPress, which can be most overwhelming for me as I’m only a blogger; not a programmer.
Hence, I’d be eternally grateful if you could kindly point out to me what are some of the up-to-date plugins I could use, where I could not only backup my database and also my blog contents automatically. It’d be best also if you know of any plugins that could send the backed-up files periodically to my email.
Also, as I’m starting fresh, using below as a process, could you also kindly advise what other steps I should include, so that I could stay secured.
1. Install WordPress and choose a solid password and username
2. Install plugin and create automated backups of database and blog contents sent to email
3. Make sure the copies of backup are saved in different platforms
4. Change my table prefixes to other than “wp_”
5. Make sure that my WordPress version, themes and plugins are up-to-date.
6. Create .htaccess file and put index.html
Please let me know if I left out any important steps that I ought to take.
Thank you so much for reading. Looking forward to your kind reply.
- The topic ‘WordPress Security’ is closed to new replies.