[Resolved] WordPress Questions
I’m crafting my own WordPress theme. I have coded it into (x)HTML/CSS and now I’m working on the WordPress part of it.
I’ve ran into a few problems along the way:
<div id="navigation"> <?php wp_nav_menu(); ?> </div>
– It works great, but I would like to make a: “Frontpage” which shall link the user to index.php.. I thought I could do it inside the wp-admin-system, but I can’t really figure out how.
– What to do here?
<?php wp_list_categories('orderby=name&title_li=&show_count=1'); ?>
– Works great, but it will post the categories like:
(1) (not a link and in a new line)
– How do I get to echo General (1) as a link?
– I have edited my charset to iso-8859-1 in wp-admin, so the page reades my “æ”, “ø” and “å”
– but that creates
TegnsÃ¦t pÃ¥ dit websted (UTF-8 er anbefalet, hvis du er dristig findes der andre tegnsÃ¦t)
– inside the wp-admin panel.
– Is there any solution to that problem?
1. Create a front-page.php template file. This will be applied automatically if the user selected a static Page as their front page.
2. That should be possible via CSS but unless you post a link to the site, we can’t offer any specific suggestions.
3. Do not edit core WordPress files. Perhaps you need to look at using WordPress in another language?
Thanks for the quick response, that’s really awesome!
1) I’ve made a front-page.php (just copied index.php, since it’s the file I want), but it doesn’t add it in my navigation.. Is there something I need to within the wp-admin panel?
3) The solution was to edit the wp-config file.. Find the place where it says “utf8” and edit it to “utf-8”, but thanks anyways!
- The topic ‘[Resolved] WordPress Questions’ is closed to new replies.