WordPress migration issues
I recently migrated my wordpress from one host to another by carrying out the following steps
1. made a backup of all my wp files in entirety was insatlled ina folder called “web”.
2. made a backup of mysql database
3. copied the entire contents into my new provider’s folder called “public_html”
4. set up a new mysql databse
5. Changed the wp-config file to match the new settings of the mysql database
The appearance looks normal however i am having problems uploading media files as i get the error :
“fblogo.jpg” has failed to upload due to an error
Unable to create directory /content/Hosting/s/m/smallbizkaizen.com/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2010/10. Is its parent directory writable by the server?
I have tried to reconfigure the media settings by pointing to the patch that i suspected but this wont work. Its either i see the old images from when i was my previous host or i see only the new images when i’ve tried to change the default media settings
Is there a trick I’m missing ? Any help will be great !
- The topic ‘WordPress migration issues’ is closed to new replies.