I needed to move my wordpress site onto a new domain with new hosting this is what I did.
1. I created a database in the new hosting & imported the .sql file I’d exported from my old hosting.
2. I downlaoded via ftp all the site files.
3. I edited the config file with the new database name, username & password.
4. I ftp’d all the site files ( with edited config file) to new server
5. I went in to phpMyAdmin on my new hosting & edited the ‘home’ & ‘url’ fields in the wp_options section of the database.
Is there anything I am missing?
This is the URL of the new site
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
- The topic ‘wordpress migration Did not Work – please help’ is closed to new replies.