OK, I’ve spent the last couple of days trawling the web trying to get my head around what I should do…
My current setup is:
* Self hosted WordPress blog (blackforestradio.com)
* I’ve been manually editing my own podcast-only feed (at
* iTunes has the above feed
* I’ve recently setup two feedburner feeds one for the main blog site (which feedsmith successfully redirects to) and another which is taken from the podcast-only feed above.
Now, I’m thinking of moving to podpress, podcasting, blubrry powerpress or other plugin so that I don’t have to manually edit my podcast-only rss feed everytime….
BUT… they all create their own podcast category feed (something like
blackforestradio.com/feed=?podcast) and therefore don’t use my original manual one.
Secondly, I’d like to get iTunes using my feedburner podcast-only feed so that I can’t check subscriber numbers etc, but I’m not sure how to go about this while also including one of the above podcasting plugins for WordPress. I’ve read about adding the “newfeed” entry into your old feed, but I’ve also seen that Feedburner recommend using a 302 temporary redirect. Not even sure how to do that.
Everything I read seems to be for a slightly different situation to mine, or written with a larger knowledge assumed. Could anyone be so kind as to put it down step by step for me? Cheers!
- The topic ‘wordpress manual rss feed itunes feedburner … help!’ is closed to new replies.