For some reason the icons used in the admin backend are messed up. This is most noticable in TinyMCE where the buttons are completely misaligned and have the wrong background-position (See image below):
I have attempted to download a fresh install of WordPress 3.5 and replaced my files with the following from it:
However nothing changed. I haven’t edited the admin stylesheet either.
Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the default theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of WordPress. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.
Hi esmi thanks for the response.
I tried all your suggestions except from the last one to no avail, before I do the last one I’d like to understand the risks associated with it and what sort of data I may lose? I’m worried there may be plugin specific data outside of there e.g. I know W3 Total Cache stores information outside of the wp-content folder.
I have a lot of data in my current WordPress installation and I can’t afford to cause any sort of issues at this point in time.
- The topic ‘WordPress icons messed up’ is closed to new replies.