[Resolved] WordPress icons messed up
For some reason the icons used in the admin backend are messed up. This is most noticable in TinyMCE where the buttons are completely misaligned and have the wrong background-position (See image below):
I have attempted to download a fresh install of WordPress 3.5 and replaced my files with the following from it:
However nothing changed. I haven’t edited the admin stylesheet either.
Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the default theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of WordPress. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.
Hi esmi thanks for the response.
I tried all your suggestions except from the last one to no avail, before I do the last one I’d like to understand the risks associated with it and what sort of data I may lose? I’m worried there may be plugin specific data outside of there e.g. I know W3 Total Cache stores information outside of the wp-content folder.
I have a lot of data in my current WordPress installation and I can’t afford to cause any sort of issues at this point in time.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] WordPress icons messed up’ is closed to new replies.