Our company needs to build a website for community. We are currently looking at the best CMS for this job. This website consists of a public and closed area, with the following features:
- News section (without comments)
- Calendar (without comments are registration options)
- Photo album (without comments)
- Registration form (for access to closed area), new registrations are moderated by different departments of the community, dependant on the information provided in the registration form (‘choose your department’).
- News section (*with* comments);
- Calendar (*with* comments and possibility to register/unregister for events);
- Photo album (*with* comments);
- Possibility to change profile information (name, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.);
- Music starts playing after log-in (Flash control), music may be turned off in profile, music track may be changed by admins);
When posting new information to the website (like a new news entry) the admin should have the option to also post it to the public area. The closed area has the same information as the public information extended with ‘private’ information and the possibility to comment. So a news article in the public area should also show up in the closed area, but not every article in the closed area shows up in the public area.
On top of that the website should contain (both in public as in closed area) the possibility to display and manage banner ads.
Is all of this possible with WordPress?
Thank you for your time, Vincent
- The topic ‘WordPress for a community website’ is closed to new replies.