Hello, I’m finding the WordPress Codex docs and these forums increasingly hard to use and search. The project is becoming a victim of its own success.
Here are some complaints:
• Codex searches return foreign language results, user pages before docs?
• Can’t filter forum search by section, WP build, or by ‘has >1 responses’.
• Many posts seem to go unanswered, forums feel swamped (needs a ‘Newbies’ section?).
• Pages like this are becoming too long: http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page (eg ‘Using Permalinks’ appears more than once in list)
• Some advanced things like permalink rewrite rules feel under-documented.
• There’s so many plugins listed, it’s getting hard to find what you want. You can have too much of a good thing!
WP is still an amazing project, nothing comes close IMO. 2.7 was a real bar-raiser. But I find myself struggling a little more to find answers now. It’s not just WP, jQuery & Firefox suffer from ‘noise’ too.
- The topic ‘WordPress Docs / Forums Criticism’ is closed to new replies.