Support » Plugin: SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle » WordPress 5.2 Conflicts

  • Resolved silvara

    (@silvara)


    Hi there,

    Just to let you know that after updating to wordpress 5.2 Site Origin Widgets Bundle is creating conflicts with Autoptimize (no matter how I configure it), Ultimate Member and WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click. When one of these plugins is activated together Site Origin Widgets Bundle with the pages will all get messed up at the front end, showing up only in a single column at the center of the screen, and images will disappear.
    I know that the update is very recent and that you’re probably already working on conforming your plugin with whatever changed within wordpress that it’s causing these changes, but I just thought I should let you know. Maybe it can be of any help.

    Thank you for your hard work,

    All the best!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Plugin Author Andrew Misplon

    (@misplon)

    Hi silvara

    Thanks for reaching out and for your kind words 🙂

    I can activate all of the mentioned plugins locally without issue. Please, send a link to an impacted page and we’ll take a look.

    Hi there,

    Thanks so much for your reply.
    Here is an example http://carpersanti.net/arnae/
    From the 3 I mentioned above I only activated Ultimate Member, but the result if activate any of the other 2 is the same.

    If you can’t replicate the issue I don’t know what could have happened, since everything was working fine until I update wordpress.

    Thanks for your time, best regards,

    Plugin Author Andrew Misplon

    (@misplon)

    Thanks for the update.

    Autoptimize (AO) isn’t part of the problem that I can see, you can view the same URL without AO here.

    The tabs on the page concerned have related JavaScript that is currently producing an error. Do you know how those tabs are inserted?

    Hi again,

    The tabs on the front page are another plugin I’m using, “Tabs Responsive”. But, like I said, I’ve already deactivated all the plugins and activated one at a time and the only plugins that make the site look like that are Autoptimize, Ultimate Member and WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click when in conjunction with Site Origin Widgets Bundle.
    Once I deactivate Site Origin Widgets Bundle everything works fine.
    I also deactivated the specific plugins from Site Origin Widgets Bundle and then activated them one at the time and it’s de editor that is causing the conflict.
    Even this page http://carpersanti.net/arnae/2019/02/21/chapter-2-part-10/ that only has text and a sidebar is the same.
    Autoptimize isn’t the problem right now because is not active. Right now the problem is between Ultimate Member and Site Origin Widgets Bundle.
    Since I am running a Multisite installation and I have AO working for the whole network I had to deactivate it or all my sites would look like that one.
    This is the link to the twin site of the one above http://carpersanti.net/gaea/
    The structure is the same. Here I have Autoptimize, Ultimate Member and WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click turned off and everything works fine.

    Thank you for your help,

    Sofia

    Plugin Author Andrew Misplon

    (@misplon)

    Tabs Responsive is throwing an error on the page that’ll cause an issue for any other JavaScript on that page. To see that error, you can follow these steps: http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors#Step_3:_Diagnosis

    Try going back and confirming the plugin conflict inversely. Temporarily deactivate all plugins except those authored by SiteOrigin, test. Next, activate Autoptimize, test again, next activate Ultimate Member and WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click and test again. Let me know the results of that process.

    Thanks 🙂

    Plugin Author Andrew Misplon

    (@misplon)

    On this page: http://carpersanti.net/arnae/2019/02/21/chapter-2-part-10/. The page layout is restored (I don’t know what it looked like before but it appears restored), if I delete the following style block from the header: https://pastebin.com/TRj9w1TU. There isn’t an ID in the style block so I can’t say what is outputting it. Here is how the page looks with that style block removed: https://imgur.com/a/9qKRfBp.

    Oh My Gosh!!

    Thank you so much for your help!
    I went back and did all the tests again. It turns out its Network Posts Ext that is the source of the conflict. I’m just a ‘tourist’ regarding wordpress inner workings and so there is a looot I don’t know. Network Posts Ext was activating itself on its own (is that even possible?) and so I didn’t notice what was happening the first time I deactivated all the plugins to look for conflicts. I had to go into the file directory and manually change its name.

    This is how the site was suppose to look from the beginning http://carpersanti.net/arnae/

    I’m so glad it’s solved. Even though Network Posts Ext is useful I can live without it. The same can’t be said about your Plugin since I build all my sites around it.

    Once more, thank you for your patience and time!

    All the best,

    Sofia C.

    Plugin Author Andrew Misplon

    (@misplon)

    Hi Sofia

    Well done on finding the conflict 🙂

    I’m not quite sure how Network Posts Ext. activated. It might be a must-use plugin, they are activated by default: https://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins.

    I tried testing locally with Network Posts Ext and all of the other plugins we’ve discussed so far. I wasn’t able to find a problem, sorry, wish we could assist more.

    All the best with your site 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘WordPress 5.2 Conflicts’ is closed to new replies.