WordPress 3.5 Image/Media uploader many issues
My first forum post in the history of the internet I’m so frustrated. After upgrading to WordPress 3.5, the “all new” Media uploader went from bad to nearly unusable (I only use uploader for photos). Here is the issues.
My core problem:
Images don’t fit. They’re either slightly too big so they cover up the menu item on the right side of the screen, or when you try to edit or move them they blow up to the full 18 megapixel image. reducing that size by 60% several times is unreasonable and changing the aspect ratio defeats the purpose of uploading a high quality image.
Other details: Website is “backpackersunion.com” I use the default twenty eleven theme and have few plugins for stability reasons. Using Safari and Mac iOS.
Here’s other issues incase developers take notice (but not imperative to my issue):
1. Opening uploader only shows parts of the window. You must roll the curser over the screen to get other buttons to show up.
2. Some JPG files now showing error when uploaded
3. When upload freezes no way to stop the upload. Must exit uploader, save post, leave, reopen post, then you can try uploading again.
4. Uploading seems slower. Inserting photo into post is about about 10x slower then previous uploader.
Thank you for your help and support.
- The topic ‘WordPress 3.5 Image/Media uploader many issues’ is closed to new replies.