I’ve been unable to get the TinyMCE Advanced plug in 3.4.5 to work with WordPress 3.3.1. In the visual editor, I can see the first two rows of standard tinymce buttons, but I’m missing the third and fourth rows of advanced buttons.
The following experiment should be easy for others to reproduce, and makes me think these are not the problems, although I admit the possibility of discrepancy between my actions that this report. On a laptop running Windows 7 and Apache 2.2.21 (Win32) and PHP 5.3.5
- From scratch, I built a fresh mysql database test with user testuser and password testuser, and I did a fresh installation of WordPress 3.3.1 into a fresh directory http://localhost/wordpress.
- I deleted all plug ins (to eliminate conflicting plug in issues)
- I installed and activated plug in tinymce advanced 3.4.5.
- I clicked on “+ new” and clicked on “kitchen sink” in the visual editor.
- I saw the two rows of standard tinymce buttons and did not see the two rows of advanced buttons.
- I rebooted the laptop and turned off wireless networking (to remove the issue of network caches).
- For Firefox 9, Internet Explorer 8, and Safari 5.1.2, I cleared all caches (history, cookies, cache, downloads, etc, to remove the issue of local caches), restarted the browser, logged in, and clicked on “+ new”, and the advanced tinymce buttons did not appear even after a refresh of the page.
- Changing the theme from default 2011 to 2010 gives the same results for Step 7.
define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS',false)mentioned many places, I added this as the first define in wp-config.php, and repeated Step 7 for all three browsers with the same result.
Concerning browser caches, network caches, proxies, different computer, different browsers, different service providers mentioned here and many other places, I think the experiment above rules out these issues (the problem exists with a local installation on my laptop and a remote installation on my host provider ICDSoft).
Concerning editor-style.css mentioned here, I can see
content_css:"http://[your site]/themes/twentyeleven/editor-style.cssin the html source, and I can see in the Apache log that it is being served up successfully with a 200 return code.
Concerning the issue with en.js and wp-langs-en.js mentioned here I copied wp-langs.en.js to en.js in the directories mentioned with no effect. Most sigificant, I can see in the access logs that requests for wp-langs-en.js are successful with a 200 return code, and there are no requests in the log for en.js.
Concerning the request to check the console for JS errors mentioned here I could use some help here. FireBug does not appear to be available for Firefox 9, and pressing F12 in IE and reloading the page the Script->Console panel is blank. I see no js-related error messages in the Apache error log.
Concerning the missing sprites mentioned here I can load the file http://localhost/wordpress/wp-includes/js/tinymce/themes/advanced/img/icons.gif.
I think I’ve read through all the discussion on the tinymce advance forum here.
- The topic ‘WordPress 3.3.1 and TinyMCE Advanced 3.4.5 not working’ is closed to new replies.